I’ll bet you can’t wait for 2020 to be over and the sun to rise in 2021. We’ve had so much uncertainty and loss. Through it all Bucket List Community Café has been YOUR VOICE. YOUR COMMUNITY in North Denver. We have brought you the news, issues, events, culture and stories of people in our neighborhoods, and we have even bigger plans for the coming year. We would like to showcase 20 things we did to improve your North Denver experience in 2020.
- Helped build community among North Denver’s diverse neighborhoods
- Expanded coverage area to all of North Denver
- Promoted community journalism and others who work in the space
- Promoted non-profits especially those fighting hunger
- Helped North Denver navigate the Covid pandemic and testing
- Encouraged readers to consider what’s on their bucket list
- Encouraged those who were newly working from home
- Showcased Voices of North Denver in our GRATITUDE project
- Did a fundraiser for Bienvenidos Food Bank that raised $1300
- Supported Denver small businesses and restaurants with free content
- Expanded the website to complement the Facebook news feed
- Brought young college graduates on board to expand our team
- Created original content that filtered ideas up to Denver’s news media
- Connected with RNO’s and city council representatives
- Introduced bloggers and a neighborhood correspondent
- Created a week-long series of North Denver non-profits for CO Gives Day
- Spotlighted issues such as homelessness, gentrification, race and hunger.
- Spotlighted neighborhood initiatives, celebrations and people
- Urged people to vote in the 2020 election
- Followed openings and closings in the various neighborhoods
One thing we never did was ask you for money. There are so many others in need this year that we figured it was best to let your donation dollars go to fighting hunger and poverty. Everyone who has helped with Bucket List Community Café has done so for free until now with the passion for serving our community and bringing hyperlocal journalism to you.
Now we’re asking you to help support us by donating. Go to our website and press the donate button. It’s that simple. With generous community support we will bring you even more original content, get out more in North Denver’s neighborhoods and showcase the news, events, issues, culture, small businesses and people in our communities. It seems right for community journalism to be community supported. We’re asking our readers to help us grow and do even more for our community in 2021. Happy new year and thank you, North Denver.